NERC Compliance FAQs
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation “assures the effective and efficient reduction of risks to the reliability and security of the grid.” What is NERC Compliance?
- NERC has an approved Reliability Standard to sustain its mission
- NERC implements the protocol to analyze, scrutinize, evaluate, and inspect to assess compliance with its Reliability Standards.
Share this image on your site by copying the codes belowWhat is NERC Enforcement? NERC mitigates the violation of Reliability Standards NERC imposes sanctions on any confirmed violations Any entity found to be in violation of standards must
- Submit a mitigation plan for approval
- Approved plans must be immediately executed
- NERC recognizes and registers bulk power system owners, operators, and users
- These entities must register via the authorized Regional Office
- Registered entities are obligated to adhere to Reliability Standards
- Reliability Coordinators
- Transmission Operators
- Balancing Authorities