A winter storm occurs when the temperature falls low enough to cause the rain to freeze. It may vary from a moderate blizzard to a storm that can last several days with extremely low temperatures remaining the common factor.
Winter storms can occur in early autumn to late spring, depending on the region and can complicate even the most simplest and common daily routines and outdoor activities.
Share this image on your site by copying the codes below
Things To Consider
Effects On Health:
- Frostbite can occur due to extreme cold temperatures resulting in the freezing of skin and other issues that may end up in amputation/permanent damage.
- Hypothermia happens when body temperature falls below 95 Fahrenheit (35 C) resulting in multiple organ failure and eventually death.
Hazards Of Working And Driving:
- Visibility can be reduced to a couple of feet or nearly zero.
- Traction on the road could become tricky to tackle resulting in accidents.
- Black ice is caused by the rain that freezes and in invisible.
- Overexertion can cause dizziness, blurred vision and even heart attacks which may be fatal.
OSHA online safety classes can guide you to a safe outdoor work environment ensuring your safety and well-being.