You’ve probably heard that email marketing has great return on investment. But how do you do it? You can’t just send out self-referential emails to everyone in your contacts. You need to be strategic and smart. Build an email list and use a CRM (customer relationship manager) to segment your contacts. Employ good looking email templates and install an automated system like MailChimp, IXACT Contact, or BoomTown.
There is so much you can do with email marketing, like reoccurring newsletters that include local news, short blog posts, market reports, buying and selling guides, and infographics. Other uses of email include:
- Introduction emails
- New client emails
- Open house invites and follow up
- Lead communication
- New listings announcements
- Holidays and special events
While there’s a lot going with various emails, remember to express your personality and your brand but also tailor your messaging to the specific people you’re targeting.
Here are 5 real estate marketing tips to keep people clicking and reading:
- Enticing subject lines: You need great subject lines to get people to open your emails. Create timely, noteworthy subject lines that grab people’s attention.
- Storytelling: Emotion is a big factor in buying and selling. Great storytelling is evident in the subject line, intro, photos, layout, and call to action. You want to spark interest and make readers want to keep reading.
- Provide value: If your readers aren’t getting anything out of your emails, why would they click? Make sure every email your send has a clear value proposition. It should be at least hinted at in the subject line and explicit in the body of the email.
- Awesome visuals: Plain text is not going to cut it. Content with visuals illicit a lot more engagement that content without images. Whether it’s photos, videos, animation, or infographics, give your readers some eye candy. Choose visuals that support your brand, story, and messaging.
- Interactivity: Give readers a chance to comment, respond, and interact. Always include share and social media buttons. Also consider games, quizzes, webinars, pod casts, and contests.
Another smart move is taking advantage of online real estate courses from. Tons of on-demand training is just a few clicks away. Enroll today!