Real Estate Social Networking: Top Social Media Sites for Realtors
Marketing is critical to building a successful real estate business because it can lead to you landing more clients. However, marketing can also be an overwhelming topic when you’re just starting. Without a strategy and proper execution, marketing can become time-consuming and costly, leaving you with nothing to show for your efforts.
The first step – deciding where to concentrate your efforts – can go a long way toward setting you up for success or failure as a real estate agent. But don’t worry. In this post, we’ll dig into the top social media sites for realtors; from Facebook to TikTok, we’ve got you covered.
California 135 Hour Basic Salesperson Prelicense Package
Get required DRE-approved pre-license courses plus free real estate math practice.DETAILS
Florida 63 Hour Real Estate Prelicense Basic Package
Get FREC-approved pre-license training plus free real estate math practice.DETAILS
180-Hour Basic Texas Pre-License Package
Includes mandatory pre-license training, license exam prep, and more!DETAILS
How to Choose the Right Social Media Platform
When choosing social media sites for real estate marketing, it's essential to consider the platforms that are most popular among your target audience.
Here are some tips to help you choose the best social media sites for real estate marketing:
- Determine your target audience: Who are you trying to reach with real estate marketing? Consider their age range, interests, and online behavior.
- Research social media platforms: Investigate the demographics of each social media platform to determine which ones align with your target audience. For example, if you're targeting younger homebuyers, you may want to focus on platforms like Instagram and TikTok, while older homebuyers may be more active on Facebook.
- Consider your marketing goals: What do you hope to achieve with real estate marketing? Are you trying to build brand awareness, generate leads, or establish yourself as an industry expert?
- Evaluate your resources: How much time and effort will you invest in social media marketing? Some platforms require more frequent updates and engagement than others.
So, what are the best social media sites for real estate agents? Generally, the key is choosing social media platforms that align with your target audience, marketing goals, and resources and continuously testing and refining your approach to achieve the best results. Let’s look at each social media channel separately.
Does real estate marketing work on Facebook?
Some people may think of Facebook as a thing of the past. However, Facebook can be a powerful tool because it offers extensive data, a large pool of users, and the ability to target your advertising precisely.
On Facebook, real estate marketers have access to a large and diverse audience that they can target with their Facebook ad campaigns and content. Facebook's advanced targeting options allow real estate marketers to target their ads to specific audiences based on demographics, interests, behaviors, and location.
Here are some facts as to why Facebook may be an exceptional tool for reaching potential real estate clients:
- The U.S. has at least 175.0 million active users in January 2023.
- 81% of adults in the U.S. have Facebook accounts.
- 71% of U.S. users are active on Facebook as a whole.
- The median age of Facebook’s advertising audience is 32 years old.
- There was a 50% increase in potential audience for Facebook Reels ads in 2022.
- Facebook’s ad reach in the U.S. was equivalent to 56.2% of the local internet user base (regardless of age) in January 2023.
More reasons why real estate marketing works on Facebook are:
- Access to cost-effective marketing solutions for real estate marketers, with various ad formats and bidding options to fit any budget.
- Real estate is a visually driven industry, and Facebook is a great platform for showcasing high-quality photos and videos of properties.
- Facebook allows for engagement and interactivity with potential buyers and sellers, which can help build trust and establish relationships.
Does real estate marketing work on Instagram?
Real estate marketing can work very well on Instagram. Instagram has over 2 billion active users, with a large and diverse audience, including potential homebuyers and sellers. On Instagram:
- As of January 2023, almost 31% of global Instagram audiences were between 18 and 24 years of age.
- 30.3% of users were between 25 and 34 years old.
- The average engagement rate on Instagram business account posts is 0.54%.
Here are some reasons why real estate marketing works on Instagram:
- Real estate marketers can reach many potential customers with their ads and content.
- Instagram is a highly visual platform, which makes it ideal for showcasing high-quality photos and videos of properties.
- Instagram allows users to discover content through hashtags, making it easier for real estate marketers to reach people interested in their listings.
- Real estate marketers can leverage influencer marketing to reach new audiences and build credibility in the industry.
- Instagram's Stories and Live Video features allow real estate marketers to share real-time updates, showcase properties and engage with their audience more effectively.
Does real estate marketing work on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a professional networking platform, meaning users are likelier to be interested in real estate for business purposes. This makes it an excellent platform for reaching potential buyers and sellers in the commercial real estate industry.
Here are some reasons why real estate marketing works on LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn is an excellent business-to-business (B2B) marketing platform, which is particularly relevant for commercial real estate marketing.
- Real estate marketers can use LinkedIn to connect with other businesses, such as investors, lenders, and developers, and promote their services to a targeted audience.
- You can establish thought leadership and build credibility in the industry. Real estate marketers can share industry insights, market trends, and best practices to position themselves as experts in the field.
- LinkedIn offers networking opportunities for real estate marketers, allowing them to connect with potential clients, partners, and colleagues. Marketers can join real estate groups, participate in discussions, and engage with other professionals in the industry.
- LinkedIn offers targeted advertising options, allowing real estate marketers to reach a specific audience based on job title, industry, and location.
Does real estate marketing work on Twitter?
Real estate marketing can work on Twitter, but it may not be as effective as other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
Here are some reasons why Twitter might not be the best option in real estate marketing:
- Twitter is primarily a text-based platform, so it may not be as effective for showcasing high-quality photos and videos of properties. However, real estate marketers can still use Twitter to share links to their property listings, blog posts, or other content.
- Twitter has a smaller user base than other social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram.
- Tweets have a short lifespan, with most tweets being forgotten within hours or minutes.
- Twitter's targeting options are not as advanced as other social media platforms, so real estate marketers may have difficulty reaching a specific audience.
- Twitter may not be as effective for building relationships with potential buyers or sellers, as the platform focuses more on sharing news and information than engaging in conversations.
While real estate marketing can work on Twitter, it may not be the most effective platform for the industry due to its limited visual content, reach, the lifespan of tweets, targeting options, and engagement potential.
Does real estate marketing work on TikTok?
TikTok is a highly creative platform that allows users to create short-form videos with a wide range of editing tools and effects. Although TikTok marketing for real estate is a relatively new concept, it is becoming increasingly popular among real estate professionals.
Here are some reasons why real estate marketing works on TikTok:
- Real estate marketers can showcase their properties uniquely and engagingly, using music, captions, and special effects to make their content more entertaining and memorable.
- With over 1 billion active users and growing, worldwide, real estate marketers can reach a large audience of potential buyers and sellers.
- TikTok videos have a high potential to go viral, which means that real estate marketers can generate a lot of engagement and brand awareness, which can lead to more leads and sales.
- Real estate marketers can showcase their personalities and build relationships with potential buyers and sellers.
- TikTok's algorithm allows for niche targeting, which means that real estate marketers can reach specific audiences based on interests and behaviors.
In general, real estate marketing has great potential on TikTok. In the U.S., 80% of active users are between the ages of 16-34, making it the ideal platform to reach young or first-time home buyers. It’s also ideal for reaching a new audience. However, real estate marketers need to be creative and engaging in their content to stand out on the platform.
When you engage in social media marketing, producing new, helpful content is another key to success. To establish yourself as a professional expert, you must continually gain expertise, and making the most of your required license renewal CE is a great place to start. Sign up today!