What Are The Reporting Responsibilities of UST Operators and Owners?
As a UST operator or owner, you have to notify the implementing agency for the following:
- Fill out and submit a notification form for your implementing agency when you first install a UST. This form has information about your UST including a certificate of correct installation. All existing USTs should have this certificate.
- If you suspect a leak in any of the USTs, contact the agency as soon as possible. If the leak is confirmed, report everything you will do to contain it and reverse the damage that it causes.
- The regulatory authority has to be notified at least 30 days before you close down a UST permanently.
2015 requirements include:
- If you are the new owner of a UST you need to complete and submit a notification of ownership change form to the implementing agency. This has to be done within 30 days after you have assumed ownership of the UST.
- If you switch to a regulated substance which is made of more than 10% of ethanol, more than 20% of biodiesel or any other substance that is regulated by the agency, you have to notify them within 30 days.