What Does ISO Compliance Mean?
ISO compliance refers to ISO 9001, a quality management standard used by organizations to prove that they provide services and/or products that meet certain requirements. These requirements are regulated by the ISO 9000 series which is the only quality standard that businesses can aspire to. ISO compliance applies to businesses irrespective of size or the industry they cater to. This is the most recent standard and it is constructed across 7 principles:
- Relationship management
- Approach to processes
- Client focus
- Decisions based on evidence
Benefits of ISO 9001:2015 Compliance
Internal ISO compliance and certificationBy acquiring ISO 9001:2015 compliance, it is understood that the business adheres to quality measures that ensure its products or services are superior to others. While adhering to said standards is not required by law, it does open opportunities for business that would otherwise be ignored. With internal compliance, you prove that your organization is dedicated in following ISO rules and regulations. In order to make your business ISO compliant, your organization needs to be audited. This is typically conducted by an accreditation firm but the certification is provided by third parties, not ISO. The audit allows business owners and shareholders to detect weaknesses which can be taken care of before the certification process. This is useful for businesses that have their ISO compliance certification due to certain shortcomings. Once the organization complies successfully, it can use the certification as a PR tool and have more influence in its industry. The compliance will ensure that customers and suppliers know that the business meets global quality standards and can be trusted. However, after acquiring ISO certification for compliance, the business needs to submit audits on a regular basis to maintain its newly acquired status. This includes monitoring activities and maintaining documentation regarding all operations. This will ensure that the business has adequate documentation to maintain its quality standards as an ISO-compliant organization. By maintaining said standard, you can improve your brand image, boost sales and open more revenue streams by impressing investors.
How 360Training can help360Training offers a comprehensive course on ISO Compliance that can help business owners create quality awareness, improve efficiency and increase productivity. The course introduces the quality standard along with the updated 2015 version. The course:
- outlines the benefits of getting ISO compliance certification
- discusses the installation of current quality management principles as per ISO 9001:2015
- discusses how to manage risks in a business
- defines relevant approach processes.
- Understand the requirements, standards and alterations made to ISO 9001
- International objectives of implementing quality standards
- Understand the importance of organizational context
- Understand how ISO compliance can help businesses gain a competitive advantage
- Understand how to maintain operational records
- Understand how to implement or update ISO 9001: 2015.
- Understand the importance of top management and their roles in maintaining quality standards
- Understand the need for organizations to take advantage of new business opportunities
- Understand the type of information that should be incorporated in Quality Manuals.