What is the GHS?
Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals standardizes and classified the dangers of chemical based products. It is also responsible for providing health and safety information on safety data sheets (SDS) and on labels. classification of those hazards on labels and SDS across the globe. By maintaining those standards, businesses can get the following benefits:
- A safer work environment and better employee relations
- Increase in efficiency
- Reduction in labor costs due to reduction in accidents and incidents
- Better corporate image
- Enhanced safety for workers via simplified and consistent communications
- Increase in awareness of chemical hazards and how to handle them
- Safer use of chemicals in the workplace.