When is HAZWOPER 24 Training Needed?
According to OSHA standards, every worker who is exposed to hazardous waste or materials on the job have to undergo HAZWOPER training. The 24 hour program is meant for employees who specifically work in sites that are under OSHA regulations 29 CFR 1910.120. hazardous waste sites regularly or where minimum exposure levels are expected. Those who take the 24 hour course will:
- Learn about site and health and safety plans
- Learn how to recognize hazards
- Learn about PPE and monitoring
- Learn about their right to a safe workplace
- Learn how to work in a hazardous site safely.