Why is Food Safety Training Important?
It's difficult to imagine what would happen if food safety training was not a requirement in the food importation and processing industries. What we eat, how its prepared, and how its cooked can be linked to a multitude of issues.
- Monitoring programs for pathogens, natural toxins, pesticides, and other contaminants
- Assessment of potential exposure and risk
- Preparation and storage of food
- Relationship of food safety to public food establishments
- Proper hygiene for those involved in the food processing, handling and distribution
- Temperature accuracy for food preparation
- Facility food safety and cleanliness as well as facility design for sanitation