About this Course
What is 24-Hour EM 385-1-1 Training?
EM 385-1-1 is the Engineer’s Manual released by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The manual outlines the health and safety standards you must follow when working on military projects.
Our 24-Hour EM 385-1-1 Training course instructs you on how to ensure the safest construction site possible. You’ll learn how to:
- Make Site Health and Safety Officers (SSHOs) aware of unsafe worksite conditions
- Properly prepare site-specific Accident Prevention Plans (APP)
- Prepare Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) forms.
You will also understand how to conduct site personnel training, create incident response reports, perform jobsite auditing, and initiate hazard communication.
Who Should Take 24-Hour EM 385-1-1 Training?
This training was designed for employees and contractors, such as managers, supervisors and team leads, who are working on military projects and need to comply with EM 385-1-1 regulations.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Who Should Take the Training?
Contractors and military and government employees
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Program Management
- Medical and First Aid
- Temporary Facilities
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Welding and Cutting
- Material Handling
- Vehicles, Machinery, and Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Work Platforms and Scaffolding
- Demolition and Renovation
- Safe Access
- Excavation and Trenching
- Hand and Power Tools
- Confined Space Entry
- Tunnels, Shafts, and Caissons
Which EM 385-1-1 Training Course Should I Take?
Site Safety Health Officers (SSHOs) working on sites regulated by EM 385-1-1 need 40 hours of training in compliance with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contractor Safety and Health Requirements.
If you're a supervisor, crew leader, or manager working these sites, you need the 24-hour course instead. If you're a non-supervisory employee, then the 16-hour course is sufficient.
For your annual refresher training, you’ll need to complete an 8-hour course.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Need Training for Your Team?
We offer discounts for employers looking to purchase 10 or more courses.
Call 877-881-2235 for more information.
Call toll free(877) 881-2235
- Access in-depth course completion reporting.
- Deliver training through our LMS or yours.
- Enroll employees in courses they need.
- Get help from a dedicated support team.
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk.
- Achieve companywide compliance goals.