About this Course
What is 40-Hour EM 385-1-1 Training?
If you work as a Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) on military contracts or projects, you need to maintain EM 385-1-1 compliance. Otherwise, if you don’t, you risk potential injuries, accidents, or even a complete shutdown of your construction site.
To help you understand your responsibilities and keep you compliant, we offer a 40-Hour EM 385 Training course.
Our course reviews the EM 385 manual—updated for 2014 guidelines—to ensure you understand the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contractor (USACE) Safety and Health requirements. You’ll learn valuable safety tips that will help you recognize and respond to construction-site hazards.
Additionally, the course provides an in-depth exploration of several topics, including:
- How to select and use the appropriate personal protective equipment
- Methods to safely use ladders and hand tools
- The proper protection to use during excavation and trenching
Who Should Take EM 385-1-1 Training?
If you are a civilian contractor, military personnel, or government employee, you need to complete EM 385-1-1 manual training.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Who Should Take the Training?
Contractors and military and government employees
Courses Available 24/7
EM 385-1-1 manual
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Program Management
- Medical and First Aid
- Temporary Facilities
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Toxic Agents and Environments
- Accident Prevention
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Welding and Cutting
- Hazardous Energy
- Hand and Power Tools
- Material Handling
- Load Handling Equipment
- Vehicles, Machinery, and Equipment
- Floating Plant and Marine Activities
- Pressurized Systems
- Fall Protection
- Work Platforms and Scaffolding
- Demolition and Renovation
- Safe Access
- Excavation and Trenching
- Tunnels, Shafts, and Caissons
- Concrete Masonry and Roofing
- Steel Erection
- Diving Operations
- Tree Maintenance and Removal
- Airfield Operations
- Confined Space Entry
Which EM 385-1-1 Training Course Should I Take?
Site Safety Health Officers (SSHOs) working on sites regulated by EM 385-1-1 need 40 hours of training in compliance with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contractor Safety and Health Requirements.
If you're a supervisor, crew leader, or manager working these sites, you need the 24-hour course instead. If you're a non-supervisory employee, then the 16-hour course is sufficient.
For your annual refresher training, you’ll need to complete an 8-hour course.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Need Training for Your Team?
We offer discounts for employers looking to purchase 10 or more courses.
Call 877-881-2235 for more information.
Call toll free(877) 881-2235
- Access in-depth course completion reporting.
- Deliver training through our LMS or yours.
- Enroll employees in courses they need.
- Get help from a dedicated support team.
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk.
- Achieve companywide compliance goals.