About this Course
The objectives for this course are to meet the Federal OSHA HAZWOPER training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4) for General Industry and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(4) for Construction. This course is also intended to meet any HAZWOPER training requirements for EPA and State OSHA regulations.
Per 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(4)
Management and supervisor training. On-site management and supervisors directly responsible for, or who supervise employees engaged in, hazardous waste operations shall receive 40 hours of initial training, and three days of supervised field experience (the training may be reduced to 24 hours and one day if the only area of their responsibility is employees covered by paragraphs (e)(3)(ii) and (e)(3)(iii)) and at least eight additional hours of specialized training at the time of job assignment on such topics as, but not limited to, the employer's safety and health program and the associated employee training program, personal protective equipment program, spill containment program, and health hazard monitoring procedure and techniques.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate supervision and leadership methods;
- Describe the functions of the many safety programs implemented by employers;
- Outline management's role in the safety and health of employees; and
- Recognize the financial benefit of risk management.
- The HAZWOPER Supervisor
- Laws and Regulations
- Management's Role in Safety and Health
- Financial Impacts of Risk Management
- Module 1 Exam
- Safety and Health Program
- Emergency Response Plan
- Employee Training Program
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Personal Protective Clothing Program
- Personal Protective Clothing Selection
- Spill Containment Program
- Heat Stress Program
- Confined Space Program
- Hazard Analysis Methodologies
- Module 2 Exam
- Supervision and Leadership
- Job Stress
- Work Schedules and Working Alone
- Drug-free Workplace
- Module 3 Exam
- Summary and Conclusion
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records