About this Course
This course is for registered nurses (RNs), physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs), and anyone else that needs to adhere to The Joint Commission (TJC)'s Provision of Care Standards.
In this training, you'll learn about the TJC Provision of Care Standard PC 01.02.09 on Victims of Abuse to ensure you understand your professional responsibility to report abuse.
You'll discover how to identify patients that may be victims of physical assault, sexual assault, sexual molestation, domestic abuse, or elder/child abuse and neglect. We'll also discuss the recommended steps to take once you suspect a case of abuse.
We'll provide a certificate of completion for your records once you pass the course, and we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Ethics, Rights, and Responsibility Standard: RI.2.150
- Provision of Care Standard: PC.3.10
- Know the Types of Abuse and Neglect
- Legal Liability to Report Abuse and Neglect
- Recognition of Abuse and Neglect
- Assessment of Abuse or Neglect
- Reporting Abuse or Neglect
- Staff Education: What You Must Know
What You'll Learn
- Learn the criteria for identifying victims of abuse and neglect.
- Know a patient's right to be free from mental, physical, and verbal abuse.
- Understand how to make sure that possible abuse and neglect cases are identified and reported to the appropriate authorities.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records