About this Course
Generally, most people are familiar with alternating current (AC) in their everyday lives. It is common knowledge that a wall socket in a home in the United States is 120 VAC, but did you know that the peak voltage from that wall socket is 170 volts? That fact is simply a characteristic of AC that is described in this module.
A technician must have in-depth knowledge of AC generation, characteristics, and measurement to maintain and troubleshoot industrial equipment effectively.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the operation of a simple AC generator
- Explain the development of a sine wave output in an AC generator
- Describe how a three-phase AC output is generated
- Identify effective and average values of an AC voltage and demonstrate how to calculate each
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% Online, Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Content is updated and current
- AC Generation Components and Operation
- Development of a Sine Wave Output and AC Generation Analysis
- Three-Phase Circuits
- AC Voltage, Current, and Power
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Industrial Skills courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records