About this Course
Preparing your organization for an active shooter event is a critical part of your emergency response plan.
Active shooter events are both unpredictable and tragically common. Active shooting incidents nearly doubled from 2017 to 2020 and increased more than 50% from 2020 to 2021.
This comprehensive active shooter training course was developed in consultation with Michael S. D'Angelo, a board-certified security consultant and former Captain of the City of South Miami Police Department, using resources from the FBI and analysis of real active shooter events in a variety of different settings.
This course will teach your employees how to identify and deal with the warning signs of a potential active shooter, how to cooperate with emergency responders when they arrive on-scene, and how to deal with the psychological impact that a shooting can have on everyone in your organization.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to teach employees how to react in an active shooter situation and what information / procedures should be included in your emergency response plan.
- Be familiar with real events from the past and understand what lessons were learned that are unique to each setting.
- Recognize the behaviors, conditions, and causes of active shooter events.
- Understand potential outcomes and how to cooperate with emergency responders.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of HR, Ethics and Compliance courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records