About this Course
This course will broaden your knowledge of AdvaMed and PhRMA Code.
Individuals who work in the fields of medical technology, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical companies may have interactions with Health Care Professionals. It is essential that these interactions are ethically sound and do not stray from their primary purpose- sharing information to improve patient care.
This course provides an overview of both codes, ensuring that those who work in these industries become aware of how to properly communicate.
Upon passing your final exam, we'll provide a certificate of completion for your records. Plus, we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
What You'll Learn
- Identify what are appropriate interactions between Health Care Professionals and Medical Technology Representatives and Pharmaceutical Company Representatives
- Note some of the key differences between the AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- Explain how to apply these provisions into his/her daily job functions
- AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- Legal Notice
- Purpose of Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to the AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- Code of Ethics Compliance
- Company-Conducted Product Training and Education
- Supporting Third-Party Educational Conferences
- Sales, Promotional and Other Business Meetings
- Consulting Arrangements with Health Care Professionals
- Prohibition on Entertainment and Recreation
- Modest Meals Associates with Health Care Professional Business Interactions
- Educational Items/Prohibition on Gifts
- Provision of Coverage, Reimbursement and Health Economic Information
- Research and Educational Grants and Charitable Donations
- Evaluation and Demonstration Products
- PhRMA Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals
- Informational Presentations by Pharmaceutical Company Representatives
- Prohibition on Recreation and Entertainment
- Pharmaceutical Company Support for Continuing Medical Education
- Pharmaceutical Company Support for Third-Party Educational or Professional Meetings
- Speaker Programs and Speaker Training Meetings
- Healthcare Professionals Who are Members of Committees that Set Formularies or Develop Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Scholarship and Educational Funds
- Prohibition of Non-Educational and Practice-Related Items
- Educational Items
- Prescriber Data
- Independence and Decision Making
- Training and Conduct of Company Representatives
- Adherence to Code
- End of Course Quiz
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records