About this Course
In this course, you'll learn about The Joint Commission (TJC)'s standard on Age-Appropriate Care, which requires that any healthcare providers with patient contact understand age-appropriate characteristics and needs and demonstrate age-appropriate competencies.
We'll cover the developmental challenges that impact aspects of healthcare delivery like safety, pharmacology, nutrition, hydration, and more. By the end of the course, you'll understand examples of age-appropriate care, as well as the relevant TJC guidelines.
This training is for anyone else that needs to adhere to TJC's Provision of Care Standards, including registered nurses (RNs), physician assistants (PAs), and nurse practitioners (NPs).
We'll provide a certificate of completion for your records once you pass the course, and we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- What is Age-Appropriate Care?
- The Age Groups
- Developmental Challenges Across Life Span
- Developmental Challenges by Age Groups
- Developmental Challenges: Safety
- Developmental Challenges: Pharmacology
- Developmental Challenges: Nutrition & Hydration
- Age Related Implications for Health Care Providers
- Health Care Delivery
- Age-Appropriate Care Examples
What You'll Learn
- Become familiar with the attributes and health care needs of the age groups.
- Know the age groups from infant through older adult.
- Understand the guidelines set by the Joint Commission for providing appropriate care to patients of differing ages.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records