About this Course
Congratulations on earning your temporary salesperson license! Now it's time to earn your permanent license (or what Alabama calls your "original" license).
To complete the licensing process, the Alabama Real Estate Commission (AREC) requires 30 hours of post-license education with an approved provider like us.
Our online post-license course will set you up for success with lessons on the practicalities of running a business, the particulars of the real estate process, and how to avoid common pitfalls and liabilities.
Once you've completed your required instructional hours, passed the proctored final, and sent us the required paperwork, we'll submit your credits to AREC within 3 days.
Then you can prepare and submit your Original License Application!
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Temporary Salesperson License number
6 months after licensure for ACTIVE licensees, or
12 months after licensure for INACTIVE licensees
Content is updated and current
What You'll Learn
Business Plan and Prospecting
Budgeting Your Money
Creating a Business Plan
Working with Buyers
The Home Buying Process
Financing: VA Loans
Fair Housing: The Law of the Land
Federal Fair Housing
Americans with Disabilities Act
History of Fair Housing in America
Estimate Cost to Buyer
Writing a Purchase Agreement
Working with Sellers
Preparing to Take a Listing
Listing Presentation and Marketing Plan
Review of Practices Prohibited by Fair Housing Act
From Contract to Closing
Red Flags and Paper Trails
Asbestos and Lead
Radon, Ground Water
Underground Storage Tanks
Brownfields and Waste Dumps
You can look us up on AREC's website. Our Provider ID is 000097091-0.
Does the course's final exam have to be proctored?
AREC requires your post-license final to be supervised by a disinterested party to make sure you don't get outside assistance on your exam. Once you've completed your course material, you'll have to schedule a time with this "proctor" to take the exam. We'll help!
What happens if I fail my course final?
You need to score 70% or higher to pass. If you fail, you'll have 2 additional chances to schedule with a proctor and retake the exam.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
When is the deadline for my post-license education?
The short answer: you need to complete the post-license course requirement AND submit your application for a permanent/original salesperson's license within 6-12 months of the date that your temporary license was issued.
The exact deadline is a little more complicated, so bear with us:
- ACTIVE licensees must complete their post-license education within a 6-month period
- INACTIVE licensees must complete their education within a 12-month period
- An ACTIVE license only remains active during that 6-month period. Active licensees must submit their permanent license application by the 6-month deadline to REMAIN active. If you miss that deadline, your license becomes inactive.
- ALL temporary licensees must submit their permanent license application within a 12-month period. If you miss that deadline, you have to repeat the entire licensing process.
- For all deadlines, the clock STARTS ticking on the first of the month AFTER your temporary license is issued. The clock runs out on the last day of the sixth or twelfth month.
- Your temporary license is issued on March 5th in ACTIVE status. Your expiration period begins on April 1st.
- To keep your license active and continue working without interruption, your permanent ("original") license application is due by September 30th (the end of the sixth month).
- If you miss that deadline, your temporary license goes inactive on October 1st. You have to stop working until your permanent license is issued.
- The last date to apply for your permanent license is March 31st of the next year (the end of the twelfth month). If you miss that deadline, you have to repeat your pre-licensing courses and start over.
If you start with an inactive license, the math is much easier: if it's issued on March 5th, your education and application must be completed by March 31st of the following year.
What can I do if I lose my certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does my course expire?
Your courses will expire one (1) year after you purchase them (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my training course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||Alabama Real Estate Commission|
|Address:||1201 Carmichael Way|