About this Course
eTIPS for Off Premise – Vermont is specifically designed for people who sell alcohol and work in the retail liquor, convenience/gas station, wholesale club, or grocery industry. Through your roles in the sale of alcohol, you face a unique set of challenges. eTIPS for Off Premise – Vermont has a special focus that takes into account the setting and demands of your job and the seller-customer and seller-manager relations within your industry.
As a seller of alcohol, you have an important job. You are expected to balance the needs of your customers with the expectations of your managers and the requirements of the law. That is a lot to do!
This course is designed to build on your existing skills as a seller of alcohol to prevent underage sales, drunk driving, and sales to intoxicated customers. You will learn strategies and skills that can help you balance providing excellent customer service with ensuring only legal alcohol sales.
eTIPS for Off Premise – Vermont consists of three main areas of focus: Information, Skills Training, and Practice/Rehearsal. In addition to fulfilling Vermont regulatory requirements, TIPS training covers mitigation strategies that result in increased professionalism and improved customer service among staff.
This program is designed to help you use your people skills to sell alcohol safely and legally. In addition to preventing the illegal sale or delivery of alcohol, you learn how to handle intoxicated customers while also ensuring courteous and safe service. The intervention techniques reflect the short period of time you have to interact with a customer in a sales situation.
eTIPS for Off Premise – Vermont can also help an establishment protect itself from possible litigation and often results in reduced liability insurance premiums.
Once you complete the lessons, quizzes and pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%, you'll get an official TIPS Certificate that you can print right away!
TIPS is a 360training company.
Note: This is a private training program not affiliated with the Vermont Department of Liquor and Lottery. This training is not valid for licensing purposes, violations, or for training other employees using the Department’s in-house training program. If you have questions, contact the Vermont Department of Liquor and Lottery (DLL) at (802) 828-2339.
What You Get
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Behavioral Cues
- Blood Alcohol Content
- Absorption Rate Factors
- Effective Responses
- Checking IDs
- State-Specific Information
- Documenting Incidents
- Evaluating Cues
- Evaluating Responses
What You’ll Learn
- Define terms used in this course.
- Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for alcohol seller and server training and certification.
- Gain an understanding of the legal responsibility you have as an alcohol server.
- Learn about the types of illegal alcohol sales and the legal penalties you may face if an illegal transaction occurs.
- Define and differentiate between the kinds of laws covering liability for servers of alcohol.
- The purpose and definition of reasonable efforts and identify steps to follow that meet those criteria.
- Define Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) as it pertains to liquor liability laws.
- How alcohol affects behavior and how to evaluate customers for behavioral cues and level of impairment.
- Proper ID verification techniques, what forms of ID are acceptable as proof of age to purchase alcohol and understand the special challenges that exist in on premise scenarios.
- Define safe-selling guidelines designed to help you avoid illegal alcohol sales or delivery.
- How to implement an appropriate response incorporating the safe-selling and customer service guidelines.
- Use guidelines designed to help you respond to difficult situations without escalation.
- Responsibilities and obligations for sellers under federal law related to preventing alcohol sales to minors and refusing sales to impaired persons.
|Vermont Department of Liquor and Lottery (DLL)
|1311 US Route 302, Suite 100
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records