About this Course
eTIPS for Off Premise - Virginia is specifically designed for people who sell alcohol and work in the retail liquor, convenience/gas station, wholesale club, or grocery industry. Through your roles in the sale of alcohol, you face a unique set of challenges. eTIPS for Off Premise – Virginia has a special focus that takes into account the setting and demands of your job and the seller-customer and seller-manager relations within your industry.
As a seller of alcohol, you have an important job. You are expected to balance the needs of your customers with the expectations of your managers and the requirements of the law. That is a lot to do!
This course is designed to build on your existing skills as a seller of alcohol to prevent underage sales, drunk driving, and sales to intoxicated customers. You will learn strategies and skills that can help you balance providing excellent customer service with ensuring only legal alcohol sales.
eTIPS for Off Premise - Virginia consists of three main areas of focus: Information, Skills Training, and Practice/Rehearsal. In addition to fulfilling Virginia regulatory requirements, TIPS training covers mitigation strategies that result in increased professionalism and improved customer service among staff.
This program is designed to help you use your people skills to sell alcohol safely and legally. In addition to preventing the illegal sale or delivery of alcohol, you learn how to handle intoxicated customers while also ensuring courteous and safe service. The intervention techniques reflect the short period of time you have to interact with a customer in a sales situation.
eTIPS for Off Premise - Virginia can also help an establishment protect itself from possible litigation and often results in reduced liability insurance premiums.
Once you complete the lessons, quizzes and pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%, you'll get an official TIPS Certificate that you can print right away!
TIPS is a 360training company.
What You Get
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Behavioral Cues
- Blood Alcohol Content
- Absorption Rate Factors
- Effective Responses
- Checking IDs
- State-Specific Information
- Documenting Incidents
- Skills Training
- Evaluating Cues
- Evaluating Responses
What You’ll Learn
- Define terms used in this course.
- Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for seller training and certification.
- Gain an understanding of the legal responsibility you have as an alcohol seller.
- Learn about the types of illegal alcohol sales and the legal penalties you may face if an illegal transaction occurs.
- Define and differentiate between the kinds of laws covering liability for sellers of alcohol.
- The purpose and definition of reasonable efforts and identify steps to follow that meet those criteria.
- Define Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) as it pertains to liquor liability laws.
- How alcohol affects behavior and how to evaluate customers for behavioral cues and level of intoxication.
- Proper ID verification techniques, what forms of ID are acceptable as proof of age to purchase alcohol and understand the special challenges that exist in off premise scenarios.
- Define safe-selling guidelines designed to help you avoid illegal alcohol sales.
- How to implement an appropriate response incorporating the safe-selling and customer service guidelines.
- Use guidelines designed to help you respond to difficult situations without escalation.
- Responsibilities and obligations for sellers under federal law related to preventing alcohol sales to minors and refusing sales to intoxicated persons.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire sixty (60) days after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Name:||Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority|
|Address:||7450 Freight Way|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records