About this Course
eTIPS for On Premise – Washington is specifically designed for people who serve alcohol in a restaurant, bar, social, or hospitality environment. Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) is required by law for persons who serve, mix, sell, or who supervise the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption at liquor licensed establishment. The ideas presented in the program are the result of considerable research, and take into account what servers deal with every day, including the demands of the job, server/guest relations, and server/management relations. eTIPS is approved by the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB).
Social drinking is a prevailing custom in society and generates its own special considerations that servers of alcohol are called upon to handle. As a server, you perform a variety of functions in addition to serving food and alcohol. You must:
- Relate to guests different personalities
- Provide consistently good service
- Maintain a friendly and polite manner
- Listen to guests’ opinions and complaints
- Resolve problems while maintaining your establishments
This course is designed to build on your existing skills as a server of alcohol to prevent underage and third-party sales, drunk driving, and sales to intoxicated customers, while allowing you to maintain control in a difficult situation. You will learn strategies and skills that can help you balance providing excellent customer service with ensuring only legal alcohol sales.
eTIPS for On Premise – Washington consists of three main areas of focus: Information, Skills Training, and Practice/Rehearsal. In addition to fulfilling regulatory requirements, TIPS training covers mitigation strategies that result in increased professionalism and improved customer service among staff.
eTIPS for On Premise – Washington can also help an establishment protect itself from possible litigation and often results in reduced liability insurance premiums.
Once you complete the lessons, quizzes and pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%, you'll get an official TIPS Certificate that you can print right away!
TIPS is a 360training company.
What You Get
TIPS Certification & Class 12 or 13 MAST
Three years for TIPS & Five years for MAST
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Behavioral Cues
- Blood Alcohol Content
- Absorption Rate Factors
- Effective Responses
- Checking IDs
- State-Specific Information
- Documenting Incidents
- Skills Training
- Evaluating Cues
- Evaluating Responses
What You’ll Learn
- Define terms used in this course.
- Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for alcohol seller and server training and certification.
- Gain an understanding of the legal responsibility you have as an alcohol server.
- Learn about the types of illegal alcohol sales and the legal penalties you may face if an illegal transaction occurs.
- Define and differentiate between the kinds of laws covering liability for servers of alcohol.
- The purpose and definition of reasonable efforts and identify steps to follow that meet those criteria.
- Define Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) as it pertains to liquor liability laws.
- How alcohol affects behavior and how to evaluate customers for behavioral cues and level of intoxication.
- Proper ID verification techniques, what forms of ID are acceptable as proof of age to purchase alcohol and understand the special challenges that exist in on premise scenarios.
- Define safe-selling guidelines designed to help you avoid illegal alcohol sales or delivery.
- How to implement an appropriate response incorporating the safe-selling and customer service guidelines.
- Use guidelines designed to help you respond to difficult situations without escalation.
- Responsibilities and obligations for sellers under federal law related to preventing alcohol sales to minors and refusing sales to intoxicated persons.
Bulk Order Calculator
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records