About this Course
With our training course, it’s easy to earn your food handler card, meet state and employer requirements—and get to work fast.
You get an overview of food safety issues, regulations, and techniques that will ensure you know how to maintain a safe environment. The course also teaches you the proper procedures for handling food so that you can reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
Once you complete the lessons and pass the final exam with a score of at least 72%, you will earn your certificate of completion. You can use your certificate to show proof that you’ve completed a food safety training course.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Dynamic course design with engaging games and quizzes
Check with your employer/state
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
Support available by email, phone or chat
Course Preview Video
- Lesson 01: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 02: Biohazards, Foodborne Illness, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 03: Contamination
- Lesson 04: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 05: Employee Health, Hygiene & Training
- Lesson 06: Purchasing, Receiving and Storing Food
- Lesson 07: Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Lesson 08: Pest Control
What You’ll Learn
1. Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, and proper adherence.
2. Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
3. Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
4. Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
5. Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
6. Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
7. Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
8. Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation.
Our food handler training course is ANAB accredited and complies with ASTM e2659 standards.
American National Standards Institute (ANAB) Headquarters
Phone: 202 293 8020
Fax: 202 293 9287
Address: 1899 L Street, NW 11th floor
Washington, DC 20036
Website URL: https://anab.ansi.org/
Please note that in some states the certificate of completion is not your actual food handler license. We recommend always double-checking with your employer and local health department for further licensing requirements.
Additionally, if you are in Utah, Florida, Ohio, or San Diego County, please look for our other food handler courses that meet these requirements in those states.
This course is not recognized for certification in Washington State, Oregon, or Clark County/Southern Nevada Health District. However, is useful in preparing for the SNHD Test, and is valid in other parts of Nevada.
On July 1, 2018, Clark County changed the requirements for food handlers. Now, to get a card, you are required to take a test in person at a local SNHD office and pay a fee of $20.
How long is my food handler certificate good for?
Our ANAB-accredited food handler certificate is good for three years. However, we always recommend checking your state/local regulations for specific renewal requirements.
Why can’t I access the final exam?
To access the final exam, you must complete each lesson, any required quizzes, and spend a minimum of 90 minutes in the course. Once you meet these requirements, you’ll be eligible to take the exam.
What score do I need to get to pass the final exam?
The final exam consists of 45 questions related to the lessons. To pass and earn your food handler permit, you must score at least 72%.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
We give you two chances to pass the final exam. If you fail after the second time, you will need to retake the course before you can try again.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who wrote the content for your course?
The content for our food handler course was written by a former senior executive who had a long tenure at one of the world’s largest publishers, which also provides educational content and educational technology platforms.
Over time, we have updated the content with the help of restaurant and food industry experts, as well as individuals involved in higher education.
What are the system requirements for the course?
You can find more information about the system requirements for our food handler course in our knowledge base.
BUY IN BULK ACROSS THE ENTIRE COURSE CATALOG
360training's extensive course catalog includes over 6,000 courses in a variety of different industries. Browse our complete course catalog, select all the courses you need, and calculate your savings.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records
Have a question or need help? Click here to start a chat with our support team.