About this Course
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) affect as many as 2 million people each year.
If you work in the healthcare field, you need to know how to perform your duties in a way that minimizes the spread of infectious microorganisms.
In this course, you'll learn the principles of aseptic technique and how to apply them, from routine hand hygiene to surgical asepsis.
You'll get a certificate of completion after you pass the final exam, as well as 0.1 IACET CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current.
- An Introduction to Asepsis
- Microorganisms that Cause Infections
- The Chain of Infection
- Antiseptics, Disinfectants, and Sterilization
- OSHA’s Universal Precautions and CDC’s Standard Precautions
- Main Elements of Standard Precautions
- CDC’s Transmission-Based Precautions
- Hand Hygiene
- Routine Hand Hygiene
- Hand Hygiene Using Alcohol-Based Antiseptic Hand Rub
- Sterile/Surgical Hand Hygiene
- Traditional Surgical Hand Scrub
- Surgical Hand Scrub Using Alcohol-Based Rub
- Applying and Removing Sterile Gowns and Gloves
- Purpose of Sterile Gowns and Gloves
- Open Method for Applying Sterile Gloves
- Closed Method for Applying Sterile Gown and Gloves
- Assisted Method for Applying Sterile Gloves
- Important Considerations for Applying Sterile Gowns and Gloves
- Removing Sterile Gown and Gloves
- Surgical Asepsis
- Principles of Surgical Asepsis
What You'll Learn
- Know why asepsis is critical in healthcare settings.
- Identify List the differences between medical and surgical asepsis.
- Understand the links in the chain of infection.
- Consider methods for decreasing the spread of infectious microorganisms.
- List the steps in both routine hand hygiene and a surgical hand scrub.
- Compare several correct ways to apply sterile gowns and gloves.
- Recall the primary principles of surgical asepsis.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
BUY IN BULK ACROSS THE ENTIRE COURSE CATALOG
360training's extensive course catalog includes over 6,000 courses in a variety of different industries. Browse our complete course catalog, select all the courses you need, and calculate your savings.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records
Have a question or need help? Click here to start a chat with our support team.