About this Course
If you work in a facility in San Diego County California that prepares, stores, serves, or handles food products, you need to complete food handler training. Our course ensures you meet these requirements.
Additionally, the course teaches you valuable lessons for preventing foodborne illness. You’ll learn about food safety guidelines for personal hygiene, food storage, preparing and handling food, and maintaining a safe environment.
Once you complete the lessons and pass the final exam with a score of at least 80%, you will earn your certificate of completion. You can use your certificate to show proof that you’ve completed an approved food safety training course.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Major Causes of Foodborne Illness
- Lesson 3: Employee Health and Hygiene
- Lesson 4: Protection from Contamination
- Lesson 5: Temperature Control
- Lesson 6: Consumer Advisory Requirements
- Lesson 7: Approved Food Sources and Storage
- Lesson 8: Sanitizing Equipment and Utensils
- Lesson 9: Pest Control
What You’ll Learn
- Define food safety and the impact on proper adherence, critical control points, and industry requirements
- Identify major causes of foodborne illness and ways to prevent
- Understand the importance of employee health and hygiene
- Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food
- Comprehend time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling
- Recite and recall consumer advisory disclosures, reminders, and requirements
- Considerations for approval of meat, poultry, and food sources and storage methods
- Perform steps to clean, sanitize, and dry equipment
- Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation
How do I verify that you’re an approved provider in San Diego County?
You can find a list of approved providers on the San Diego County Department of Environmental Health’ website where you will see Learn2Serve by 360training listed.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Name:||County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health|
|Address:||County of San Diego Department of Environmental HeP.O. Box 129261|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records