About this Course
What is DOT Supervisor Drug and Alcohol Training?
The Department of Transportation (DOT) enforces drug and alcohol testing in all "safety-sensitive" transportation employees. Under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations, this includes certain CDL-holding employees.
As a supervisor, it's your responsibility to enforce drug and alcohol testing requirements, know when testing is called for, and how to proceed. This course goes beyond the basic facts to provide you with effective tools for recognizing and handling violations by your drivers.
Featuring DOT drug law expert Bill Judge, this course fulfills FMCSA requirements with 60 minutes of training on alcohol misuse and 60 minutes on the use of controlled substances.
Who Should Take Bill Judge's 60/60 DOT Supervisor Training?
If you supervise drivers subject to 49 CFR 40 and 382, you're required to take DOT Supervisor Training (per §382.603).
Not sure if your drivers are subject? FMCSA regulations impact any employee who:
- Holds a commercial driver's license (CDL) and
- Drives commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- On public roads
This includes commercial truckers, school bus drivers, and certain limousine or van drivers.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Who Should Take the Training?
Supervisors of CDL drivers
Courses available 24/7
49 CFR 40 and 382
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- The Effects of Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace
- The Role of the Supervisor in a DOT Testing Program
- Signs, Symptoms, and Behavioral Indicators of the DOT 5 Prohibited Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Prohibited Behavior and Prescription Drug Use
- How to Recognize and Document Performance Using the Behavior Observation Checklist
- How to Apply the Four Steps of Constructive Confrontation
- How to Handle Employee Defense Strategies
Who is Bill Judge?
Bill Judge is a nationally recognized authority on DOT drug and alcohol law. As an attorney, he has over 30 years of experience in workplace drug testing law.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records