About this Course
What is DOT Hazmat Advanced General Awareness Training?
This course introduces you to Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) and the safe transportation of hazardous materials by highway, air, rail, and water. We'll also cover the security risks that hazardous materials pose during transportation.
- How to identify hazardous materials
- How to read and interpret the Hazardous Materials Table
- The required information for shipping documents
- Labeling, marking and placarding requirements
- Packaging, loading and unloading requirements
- The modal-specific/carrier requirements for Highway, Air, Rail, and Water
- How to recognize and respond to potential security threats.
This course meets the general awareness AND security awareness training requirements specified in 49 CFR Parts 100-185.
Who Should Take DOT HazMat Advanced General Awareness Training?
If your job directly impacts the safe transportation of hazardous materials by more than one mode of transportation, this course is for you. That includes anyone who:
- Ships or receives hazardous materials
- Prepares hazardous materials for transport
- Loads or unloads hazardous material shipments
Depending on your duties, you may need additional, function-specific training.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Who Should Take the Training?
Courses Available 24/7
HMR in 49 CFR Parts 100 to 185
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Content is updated and current
- Hazardous Materials Table
- Shipping Papers
- Marking and Labeling
- Carrier Requirements - Highway
- Carrier Requirements - Air Introduction
- Carrier Requirements - Rail Carrier
- Carrier Requirements - Water
- Transportation Security Requirements
What's the Difference Between the General Awareness and Advanced General Awareness Courses?
Advanced General Awareness is a 10-hour course. It meets your requirements for general awareness, security awareness, and an overview of all carrier requirements.
General Awareness is the 1-hour course that meets your general awareness requirement ONLY.
When and How Often Do I Need DOT HazMat Training?
By DOT regulation, you need to complete initial HazMat training:
- Within 90 days of being hired as a new HazMat employee
- Within 90 days of changing HazMat duties as an existing employee
- Within 90 days of a revised security plan being implemented (applies to in-depth security training ONLY)
If you start performing duties before you're trained, you need to perform your duties under the direct supervision of a properly trained and knowledgeable HazMat employee.
Then, training needs to be repeated at least once every 3 years.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records