About this Course
Who Should take this course?
This DOT Hazmat: Modes of Transportation - Rail training is part of the core curriculum for DOT Hazmat transportation training and provides students with training on the DOT's requirements for the shipment of hazardous materials by railway.
Students who should take this course are those who are involved in the shipment of hazardous materials by railway. This can include, but is not limited to, workers who package materials for shipment, and load and unload hazardous materials for shipment.
All workers involved in the transportation of hazardous materials by rail should receive this training.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare the general operating requirements for the DOT and the railroad industry in general;
- Identify the exceptions for the transportation of hazardous materials by rail;
- Describe the information found in the Segregation Table for Hazardous
- Materials for rail transport;
- Identify the documentation needed for rail cars within a train containing
- hazardous materials;
- Illustrate the proper positioning of placarded cars in a train using the
- Placard Group Table;
- Understand rail industry restrictions as they relate to the transportation of
- hazardous materials, including speeds, routes, and inspections; and
- Identify incident/accident reporting requirements.
Section 1 - Module Overview
Section 2 - General Operating Requirements
Section 3 - Handling and Loading Requirements
Section 4 - Segregation of Hazardous Materials
Section 5 - Positioning of Placarded Cars in the Train
Section 6 - Railroad Industry Recommendations
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records