About this Course
Who Should take this course?
This DOT Hazmat: Modes of Transportation - Vessel training is part of the core curriculum for DOT Hazmat transportation training and provides students with training on the DOT's requirements for the acceptance and/or transportation of hazardous materials by most commercial vessels, foreign or domestic, when in the navigable waters of the United States.
All workers involved in the shipment of hazardous materials by water should receive this training.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the general operating handling, stowage, and segregation requirements for transporting hazardous materials by commercial vessel;
- Define special requirements for transport vehicles and barges;
- Identify segregation requirements for specific classes of hazardous materials and exceptions to those requirements;
- Compare the uses of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code IMDGC) with the HMR for similarities and differences; and
- Identify and apply the incident reporting requirements.
Section 1 - Module Overview
Section 2 - General Operating Requirements
Section 3 - Handling and Stowage Requirements
Section 4 - Segregation of Hazardous Materials
Section 5 - Requirements for Explosives
Section 6 - Requirements for Specific Materials
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records