About this Course
The objectives of this DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Marking course address the Federal Department of Transportation training requirements for 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i).
Per 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i)
Function-specific Training. (i) Each hazmat employee must be provided function-specific training concerning the requirements of this subchapter, or exemptions or special permits issued under subchapter A of this chapter, that are specifically applicable to the functions the employee performs.
Who Should take this course?
This DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Marking course was developed to help you properly identify, administer, replace, or in any way be involved in the use of hazardous materials markings. This course expands upon the knowledge of markings received as part of Basic General Awareness and is included in Advanced General Awareness training.
Workers involved in the transportation, manufacture, or use of hazardous materials who require more than basic knowledge of markings should receive this training.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe where and when markings are applied;
- Explain who is responsible for marking packagings;
- Apply the requirements for marking hazardous materials to non-bulk
- packages, freight containers, and transportation vehicles;
- Understand exceptions to marking requirements; and
- Identify special types of markings that may be required for international
Section 1 - Course Overview
Section 2 - General Marking Requirements
Section 3 - Non-bulk Packaging
Section 4 - Bulk Packaging
Section 5 - Identification Numbers
Section 6 - Markings by Hazmat Type
Section 7 - Markings by Bulk Packaging Type
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records