About this Course
What is DOT Hazmat with Highway Requirements Training?
This course covers the Hazardous Materials Regulation (HMR) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). You'll learn the rules and regulations you must follow to safely transport hazardous materials on U.S. highways. That includes:
- How to identify materials via labels, placards, and markings
- The required shipping papers and certifications by material
- The regulations and responsibilities for highway carriers and when they apply
- The distinct roles of HMR, FMCSR, state, and municipal laws
- United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) inspections
- How to respond to a disabled motor vehicle in transit or a leaking cargo tank
- How to determine distance and segregation requirements
- What constitutes a reportable incident
- Personnel and en-route security risks and how to mitigate them
This course fulfills the modal-specific training requirements under DOT regulations 49 CFR Part 177.816 and FMCSR Parts 300-399.
Who Should Take DOT Hazmat with Highway Requirements?
If you have a direct role in the safe transportation of hazardous materials on U.S. highways, this course is for you.
- Drivers who transport hazardous materials
- Anyone who packages, loads, or unloads this cargo
Depending on your duties, you may need additional training specified under 49 CFR 172.704.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Who Should Take the Training?
HazMat employees (highway transporting)
Courses Available 24/7
DOT 49 CFR 177 and FMCSR Parts 300-399
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Content is updated and current
- Hazardous Materials Table
- Carrier Requirements - Highway
- Transportation Security Requirements
When and How Often Do I Need DOT HazMat Training?
By DOT regulation, you need to complete initial HazMat training:
- Within 90 days of being hired as a new HazMat employee
- Within 90 days of changing HazMat duties as an existing employee
- Within 90 days of a revised security plan being implemented (applies to in-depth security training ONLY)
If you start performing duties before you're trained, you need to perform your duties under the direct supervision of a properly trained and knowledgeable HazMat employee.
Then, training needs to be repeated at least once every 3 years.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
BUY IN BULK ACROSS THE ENTIRE COURSE CATALOG
360training's extensive course catalog includes over 6,000 courses in a variety of different industries. Browse our complete course catalog, select all the courses you need, and calculate your savings.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records
Have a question or need help? Click here to start a chat with our support team.