About this Course
If you work as a store employee selling beer or you supervise the sale of beer, then you need off-premise training. In fact, Utah’s Eliminate Alcohol Sales to Youth (E.A.S.Y.) law mandates that you complete alcohol sales training within your first 30 days of hire.
Our E.A.S.Y Off-Premises Alcohol Sales Training is approved by the state and meets these requirements. When you enroll, you’ll learn about Utah laws, as well as how to ensure you’re not selling alcohol to minors.
To pass the alcohol training course and earn your certificate, you must score at least 70% on the final exam.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Name: Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Website URL: http://dsamh.utah.gov/
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: 120 N. 200 W.
City: Salt Lake City
How do I get my E.A.S.Y. certificate and card?
Once you finish the course and pass the exam, you get your certificate that you can print right away as proof of training.
We'll also notify the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (DABC), so that you can print your card from their portal. Please note that you will NOT receive a hard copy in the mail—you'll have to print it. Here are instructions on how to use their portal:
- Go to the Trainee Lookup page and enter your name as it appeared on your registration.
- Locate your entry on the list and click on your name.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number and click "Generate Certificate."
- Download or print the card-sized certificate.
How do I check that your training is approved in Utah?
You can confirm that Learn2Serve by 360training is an approved online alcohol training provider on the Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health’s website.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the difference between on-premises and off-premises?
On-premises courses are intended for workers who serve alcohol that is meant to be consumed in the same location. Think restaurants, bars, wineries, hotels, casinos, and similar businesses.
Off-premises courses are intended for workers who sell alcohol that is meant to be consumed off-site. Think liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, and similar businesses.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health|
|Address:||120 N. 200 W.|
|City:||Salt Lake City|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records