About this Course
The course approval number for this course will be available upon request
This course covers major environmental hazards. Licensees need to familiarize themselves with environmental issues because they have a responsibility to disclose to buyers any information that might affect their decision to buy. Environmental hazards can dramatically affect a property's value, so buyers, sellers, lenders, and licensees all can be affected by them. This course includes the following lessons: - The Indoor Environment- The External Environment- Legislation- Disclosure and Site Assessment- Real Estate Practice Students will learn throughout this course to identify internal and external environmental issues. They will learn about health hazards, environmental legislation, liability and responsibility for cleanup and protection. They will also learn about actions they should take and how issues affect licensees and lending. Licensees are not expected to be environmental experts, but in this course, students will acquire competency with environmental issues which will help them to elucidate issues for buyers, sellers, and lenders. Knowledge of environmental issues also will help protect them from charges of nondisclosure. The conclusion of this course presents real world dilemmas and applications of the information presented. As the student completes this course, he or she should try to paint a big picture of environmental issues, which the course will address with comprehensive content questions, practices, and case studies.
Lesson 01: The Indoor Environment
Lesson 02: The External Environment
Lesson 03: Legislation
Lesson 04: Disclosure and Site Assessment
Lesson 05: Real Estate Practice
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify recent laws that have an impact on environmental issues, including lead-based paint disclosure laws.
- State the procedures used to locate toxic waste sites, the responsibilities for clean-up, and steps that may be taken to minimize future liabilities.
- Describe the nature of major air pollutants and the remedies that may be applied to minimize their effects.
- Identify sources of human exposure to PCBs and health effects seen in humans exposed to PCBs.
- Outline landowners' responsibility for the protection of wetlands areas on their property.
- Identify the issues landowners and developers face regarding endangered-species protection.
- Recall the nature of Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) and the possible need for testing in areas where these are present.
- Describe the major provisions of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act.
|Name:||Indiana Real Estate Commission|
|Address:||402 West Washington Street, Room W072|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Real Estate courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records