About this Course
TIPS Gaming Alcohol Training is specifically designed for people who serve or sell alcohol in a gaming environment. This course is ideal for cocktail servers, bartenders, floor managers, security guards, card dealers, valets, and food service personnel.
People often experience a special excitement when visiting casinos. They sometimes play it close to the edge, even though some bets are not worth taking. Within this industry, special challenges often arise – visitors may lose track with complimentary cocktails and, since they often stay on property and don't have to drive home, they may not moderate their own drinking behavior as they otherwise would.
TIPS Gaming Alcohol Training teaches you and your staff how to recognize when a guest is intoxicated or underage. In addition to preventing illegal alcohol sales, casino employees learn how to handle patrons who have had too much to drink and keep them from harming themselves and others.
TIPS Gaming Alcohol Training consists of three main areas of focus: Information, Skills Training, and Practice/Rehearsal. In addition to fulfilling regulatory requirements, TIPS training covers mitigation strategies that result in increased professionalism and improved customer service among staff. The intervention techniques reflect the short period of time you have to interact with a customer in a sales situation.
Once you complete the lessons, quizzes and pass the final exam (required passing score varies by course and jurisdiction), you'll get an official TIPS Certificate that you can print right away!
TIPS is a 360training company.
What You Get
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Behavioral Cues
- Blood Alcohol Content
- Absorption Rate Factors
- Effective Responses
- Checking IDs
- State-Specific Information
- Documenting Incidents
- Skills Training
- Evaluating Cues
- Evaluating Responses
What You’ll Learn
- Define terms used in this course.
- Describe the purpose, goals, and rules for server and seller training and certification.
- Gain an understanding of the legal responsibility you have as an alcohol server or seller.
- Learn about the types of illegal alcohol sales and the legal penalties you may face if an illegal transaction occurs.
- Define and differentiate between the kinds of laws covering liability for servers and sellers of alcohol.
- The purpose and definition of reasonable efforts and identify steps to follow that meet those criteria.
- Define Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) as it pertains to liquor liability laws.
- How alcohol affects behavior and how to evaluate customers for behavioral cues and level of intoxication.
- Proper ID verification techniques, what forms of ID are acceptable as proof of age to purchase alcohol and understand the special challenges that exist in Gaming scenarios.
- Define safe-selling guidelines designed to help you avoid illegal alcohol sales.
- How to implement an appropriate response incorporating the safe-selling and customer service guidelines.
- Use guidelines designed to help you respond to difficult situations without escalation.
- Responsibilities and obligations for servers and sellers under federal law related to preventing alcohol sales to minors and refusing sales to intoxicated persons.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire sixty (60) days after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records