About this Course
This course introduces you to the federal Fair Housing Act. Our discussion will cover the seven protected classes, the conduct prohibited by the law and the few exemptions from the law, elaborate on the Civil Rights Legislation and explain what the Fair Housing Act was created. We will cover the disparate treatments of the protected classes, explain the ADA and its requirements for the real estate industry in light of some major ADA court cases and also discuss the ESA’s workings in detail.
By the end of this course, you will have a better understating of the various Fair Housing issues. Finally, you will have a knowledge of diversity and the behavior expected of an agent with multi-cultural clients.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% Online, Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone, or chat
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Fair Housing
- Lesson 2: Fair Lending Laws
- Lesson 3: Creation and History of Civil Rights and Fair Housing Laws
- Lesson 4: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Lesson 5: Multicultural Real Estate/Diversity
- Explain the purpose of the Arizona fair housing laws and be able to identify the protected classes covered by the Fair Housing Act.
- Name the activities considered illegal as a result of the fair housing laws.
- Identify the exemptions, from the federal fair housing laws, for property owners.
- Elaborate on equal credit opportunity act
- Explain what the CRA and RESPA entails for the real industry
- Discuss the consumer financial issues and the functions of CFPB
- Explain how and why the Civil Rights Legislation and the Fair Housing Act were created
- Discuss the disparate treatments of protected classes
- Describe the do’s and don’ts for mortgage lenders
- List the four things ADA protects handicapped persons from
- List requirements of public building to comply with ADA
- Define the difference between a service animal and an ESA
- List at least 3 things one should never do when working with a client from another culture
- Explain the things an agent can do to create comfort
- Define “empathy”
- List down various behaviors agents should avoid
|Name:||Arizona Department of Real Estate|
|Address:||100 N. 15th Ave.,Suite 201|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Real Estate courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records