About this Course
This course will broaden your knowledge of Fire and Electrical Safety.
You'll learn about Fire and Electrical Safety. The purpose of this training module is to ensure your understanding of hazards on the job, including electrical and fire safety within health care facilities.
Upon passing your final exam, we'll provide a certificate of completion for your records. Plus, we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
What You'll Learn
- Discuss what is required of your facility in terms of fire safety.
- Explain the acronyms R-A-C-E and P-A-S-S and know how to carry them out in a fire.
- List emergency action and fire prevention plans.
- Identify strategies for minimizing electrical hazards in your facility.
- Prevention of Healthcare-Wide Hazards: Electrical and Fire Safety
- Legal Notice
- Purpose and Learning Objectives
- Fire and Electrical Safety in the Healthcare Field
- OSHA Fire Safety Requirements in Health Care Facilities
- Adequate Exit Routes Must be Available
- Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Prevention Plan
- Fire Protection Systems
- How Fires Start and How to Respond
- The Fire Triangle
- Precautions to Avoid Fires in Healthcare Facilities
- What Should You Do in a Fire Emergency?
- How Do You Use a Fire Extinguisher?
- Right Fire Extinguisher for Right Situation
- Electrical Safety in Health Care Facilities
- Electricity: The Basics
- Tips for Keeping Safe
- What to Look for When Inspecting Equipment
- What Should You Do if Someone Near You Receives an Electrical Shock?
- What Happens if Your Healthcare Facilities Loses Power?
- End of Course Quiz
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records