About this Course
This course offers an introduction to OSHA-compliant workplace first aid programs.
Learn OSHA’s requirements related to first aid. A workplace first-aid program should be based on the identification and assessment of workplace risks that might require on-site evaluation and treatment while you wait for medical services to arrive.
We’ll cover the supplies you need for a first aid kit, the basic steps you should take for conscious and unconscious people, and where to get appropriate first-aid training.
Once you pass the course's final exam, you'll get a downloadable/printable certificate of completion. Additionally, this course is approved by IACET for 0.1 CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Fundamentals of a Workplace First-Aid Program
- First-Aid Definition
- OSHA First-Aid Standard
- OSHA Compliant Workplace First-Aid Program
- Basic Elements of a Workplace First-Aid Program
- Minimum Requirements for a Workplace First-Aid Kit
- First-Aid Supplies
- Minimum Recommended Requirements: Workplace First-Aid Kit
- Sample Labeling: Workplace First-Aid Kit
- Precautions Concerning First-Aid Kit Use
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- American Red Cross Guidelines for First-Aid
- How to Respond to Life-Threatening Injuries and Non-Life-Threatening Injuries
- Checking an Unconscious Injured or Ill Person
- What Should You Do Next for No Breathing?
- Conscious Choking
- Unconscious Choking
- Controlling External Bleeding
- Treating Burns
- Head, Neck or Spinal Injuries
- Altered Mental State
What You'll Learn
- Know the current OSHA standard for a workplace first-aid program.
- Understand the issues that require someone to render first aid until emergency medical services arrive.
- Learn where to complete adequate first-aid training.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records