About this Course
Our Approved Florida Food First course teaches food workers in Florida about food safety best practices. You’ll learn accurate information and get practical examples of key food safety issues.
The training uses colorful characters, humor, and an interesting storyline to keep the content engaging. This is an approved food worker training program, meeting all requirements of Chapter 509 of the Florida Administrative Code.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Diseases, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contamination
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Preventing Food Contamination
- Lesson 6: Food Receiving and Storage
- Lesson 7: Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
What You’ll Learn
- Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, proper adherence, critical control points, and recall requirements.
- Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
- Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
- Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
- Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
- Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
- Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
- Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation.
Name: Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels & Restaurants
Website URL: https://www.myfloridalicense.com/
Email Address: Call.Center@dbpr.state.fl.us
Address: 1940 N. Monroe St.
Learn2Serve by 360training has partnered with Environ Health Associates, Inc., the approved vendor for the program.
The certificate of completion will be available for download upon successful completion and passing of the final exam. The certificate may be presented to any authorized agent of the state of Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants who asks to see it. Additionally, we have notified the state by reporting to the state-maintained database.
When do I need to complete food handler training?
According to the Florida Administrative Code, you need to complete your food handler training course within 60 days after employment.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records