About this Course
Before your first salesperson license renewal, the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) requires 45 hours of post-license education with an approved provider like us.
Once you pass your final exam, you'll get a certificate of completion for your own records. We'll also submit your credits to FREC.
Note: In Florida, it's critical to complete your first license renewal on time. State law says that if you don't meet post-license requirements by the deadline, your license will be rendered null and void. If that happens, you will have to apply for your license from scratch.
To make sure this doesn't happen to you, take your post-license course well ahead of time.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Before first salesperson license renewal
18-24 months after licensure (see your expiration date)
Content is updated and current
- Brokerage Relationships, Law Updates, and Review
- Federal and Florida State Laws Affecting Real Estate
- Real Estate Ethics, Education, and Planning
- Information Technology
- Valuing Residential Property
- Working with Sellers
- Working with Buyers
- Sales Contracts
- Exploring Mortgage Alternatives
- Acquiring Financing for the Property
- Closings and Settlement Costs
- Analyzing Real Estate Investments
- Professional Property Management
What You'll Learn
- The types of brokerage relationships licensees can legally have with clients in Florida
- How federal and state regulations should impact the way you conduct business
- How to operate according to the Code of Ethics / Standards of Practice
- How to develop a business plan
- Best practices for prospecting, marketing, and building your business
- The factors that influence residential and commercial property value
- Strategies for negotiation
- Listing and marketing a property
- How to represent buyers
- The different types of mortgages, such as ARMs, GEMs, GPMs, and Balloon Mortgages
- FHA programs, VA loans, and requirements
- Types of alternative financing
- Closing procedures and costs
- The fundamentals of property management
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Real Estate
Email Address: Call.Center@dbpr.state.fl.us
Address: 1940 North Monroe Street
You can look us up on FREC's website. Our provider ID is 0003625.
When is the deadline for my post-license education?
Everyone's license expires on either March 31st or September 30th in Florida. Your deadline depends on when your license is first issued.
Since the dates are fixed, your initial renewal period could be as short as 18 months.
Proof of your post-license education and all your renewal paperwork has to be postmarked or electronically submitted by midnight EST on your expiration date. If any "paperwork" is late, your license will be null and void, and you'll need to re-do the entire application process.
It's therefore very important to finish your post-license education ahead of time.
Note: If your expiration date is on a holiday or weekend, Florida extends the renewal date to midnight EST of the next business day.
What can I do if I lose my certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does my course expire?
Your courses will expire one (1) year after you purchase them (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my training course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Real Estate courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records