About this Course
With our online course, you’ll learn how to safely serve all customers—no matter their food allergies and intolerances. And it meets Michigan training requirements for food safety managers.
Additionally, the allergy training covers top food allergies and what causes them, how to prevent cross-contamination in foods to prevent allergic reactions, the role of every employee in preventing reactions, and best practices for serving customers with allergies.
Once you complete the lessons, you must pass the final exam with at least 70% to earn your certificate of completion.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Overview of Food Allergens
- Allergy VS Food Intolerance
- Know the Top 8 Allergens
- Importance of Allergen Control Plans in Commercial Foodservice
- Recognizing Symptoms of an Allergic Reaction
- Facility Management: Handling Food Safely for Allergen Guests
- Communicating in a Restaurant: Management, FOH, BOH, Staff
- Sample Customer Interaction
What You’ll Learn
- Define a food allergy, including the top 8 food allergens and sources of each.
- Recognize the difference between a food allergy and food intolerance.
- Identify symptoms of a food allergic reaction.
- Describe the protocol for notifying emergency response if a food allergic reaction occurs.
- Discuss best practices for serving a food allergic customer, including the role of management, front of the house and back of the house employees.
- Describe how to properly prepare an allergen safe meal for a food allergic customer.
- Analyze a case study on how to properly serve a food allergic guest.
How do I verify that you’re an approved provider in Michigan?
You can find a list of approved providers on Michigan’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development’s website where you will see Learn2Serve by 360training listed.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Training for Your Team?
We offer discounts for employers looking to purchase 10 or more courses.
Call 877-881-2235 for more information.
Call toll free(877) 881-2235
- Access in-depth course completion reporting.
- Deliver training through our LMS or yours.
- Enroll employees in courses they need.
- Get help from a dedicated support team.
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk.
- Achieve companywide compliance goals.