About this Course
What is Food Pick-up and Delivery Safety Training?
In recent years, restaurants and grocery stores have quickly adopted the use of pickup and delivery services like Postmates, Grubhub, and Uber Eats. Many businesses have done so without requiring proper training on how to handle food delivery and takeout orders.
Food pick-up and delivery safety training helps to reduce disease spread by describing actions for protecting employees and guests, including guidelines for cleaning your store and best practices for preventing disease transmission.
What Will This Course Teach Me?
The purpose of the course is to inform individuals who handle food and beverages on how to lower the risk to consumers and to themselves when conducting takeout, pickup, and delivery. It covers the process from food packing/picking to delivery to the customer.
The course includes an overview of COVID-19, examining symptoms, transmission, and how the virus has impacted food industry businesses. It also covers everything you need to know about The Health And Sanitation Safety Awareness program.
Upon completion of the course, you will know how to best protect customers purchasing food for pickup or delivery. Concurrently, you will understand the most important precautions to take for your own safety.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for use by food handlers conducting takeout, pickup, and delivery. Leaders in the Food and Beverage industry looking to provide their workers with the information they need to succeed during the current public health crisis will want to purchase this course, such as:
- Food Handlers
- Hosts & Hostesses
- Waiters & Waitresses
- Chefs & Cooks
- Grocery Store Employees
- Food Delivery Drivers
Businesses looking to become HASSA certified should also ensure their managers take the Pickup & Delivery HASSA course for managers. If you are needing the Food and Beverage Takeout, Pickup, and Delivery course for managers, click here.
Health And Sanitation Safety Awareness (HASSA) is an alliance on procedures, protocols, and best practices for consumer and employee safety in preventing the spread of viruses and diseases. It was created in response to COVID-19, which revealed deficiencies in grocery, dining, and food delivery business response plans. HASSA assesses and regulates proper business response plans, simultaneously rebuilding consumer and worker confidence.
FREE Face Mask included with HASSA course completion
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention
- How COVID-19 Impacts Businesses
- What is HASSA?
- Safety Guidelines for Customers
- Best Practices for Restaurant & Grocery Packaging, Delivery & Pick-up
- Safety Precautions for Yourself
- Recognize the symptoms of the coronavirus
- Understand the role asymptomatic people play in spreading viruses to others
- Explain what PPE equipment is
- Know the role of handwashing, face masks, and social distancing in preventing the spread of the virus
- Describe in detail the safety precautions that can limit the spread of COVID-19 to you and your customers
- Be able to explain how to lower your risk at work, including knowing when you should not report to work
- Follow recommendations to lower the risk when conducting orders, processing takeout and pickup, and finalizing the delivery to consumers.
- Be able to package food for consumers
- Explain how “contactless delivery” works
- Know how to properly sanitize items in the workplace and delivery vehicles
- Explain how the Health and Sanitation Safety Awareness (HASSA) Program can improve safety practices and help you remain employed
How Do I Become HASSA Certified?
HASSA certifications are given out on a course by course basis. Becoming certified shows that you have successfully completed Health and Sanitation Safety Awareness training. The certification will consist of a course completion certificate marked with the renewal date and HASSA logo. The accreditation will need to be renewed annually.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.