About this Course
What is Food Pick-up and Delivery Safety Training?
Takeout and delivery options have been added for restaurants and grocery stores faster than safety dictates. Proper training on how to handle food delivery and takeout orders is required to reduce the risk of spreading disease. This includes actions for reducing risk to employees and guests, guidelines for cleaning your store, and best practices for preventing disease spread.
What Will This Course Teach Me?
The purpose of the course is to inform those individuals in leadership positions with the Food and Beverage space on how they can lower the risk to employees and consumers when handling the end to end process for food and beverage takeout, pickup, and delivery. It covers the process from food packing/picking to delivery to the customer.
The course starts with an overview of COVID-19, including how to recognize the symptoms of the coronavirus, the role asymptomatic people play in spreading viruses to others, and key prevention methods.
We will then look at how the Health and Sanitation Safety Awareness (HASSA) Program can improve low-risk practices and help your business remain competitive. In doing so, we’ll cover in detail which safety precautions can best limit the spread of infectious diseases to both consumers and employees.
Finally, you will learn how to deal with delivery drivers working through a third-party, how to properly sanitize your establishment and delivery vehicles, and how to safely order, package, pickup, and deliver food and groceries.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for use by the following individuals who are found within a Food and Beverage setting with the information they need to succeed during the current public health crisis:
- Food Managers
- Restaurant Owners
- Kitchen Managers
- Executive Chefs
- Grocery Store Owners
- Grocery Store Managers
- Food Delivery Companies
- Team Leaders
- Shift Supervisors
Businesses looking to become HASSA certified should ensure their managers take this course. If you're looking for the Food and Beverage Takeout, Pickup, and Delivery course for employees, click here.
Formed in response to COVID-19, Health And Sanitation Safety Awareness (HASSA) is an alliance on procedures, protocols, and best practices for consumer and employee safety in preventing the spread of viruses and diseases.
The coronavirus pandemic revealed insufficiencies in grocery, dining, and delivery business response plans, leading to instability in both consumer confidence and supply chains. HASSA evaluates and proactively manages appropriate business response plans, simultaneously rebuilding consumer and worker confidence.
FREE Face Mask included with HASSA course completion
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention
- How COVID-19 Impacts Businesses
- What is HASSA?
- Strategies for Keeping Customers Safe
- Strategies for Keeping Employees Safe
- Guidelines for Restaurant Packaging, Delivery & Take-out
- Guidelines for Grocery Delivery & In-Store Pick-up
- Recognize the symptoms of the coronavirus
- Understand the role asymptomatic people play in spreading viruses to others
- Know the role of handwashing, face masks, and social distancing in preventing the spread of the virus
- Explain how the Health and Sanitation Safety Awareness (HASSA) Program can improve safety practices and help your business remain competitive
- Describe in detail the safety precautions that can limit the spread of COVID-19 to customers
- Describe in detail the safety precautions that can limit the spread of COVID-19 to employees
- Follow steps for the safe order, pickup, and deliver food and groceries
- Be able to safely package food for customers
- Know how to deal with delivery drivers working through a third-party
- Explain how to properly sanitize your establishment and delivery vehicles
- List the precautions implemented to protect workers and customers
- Know how to screen employees before they report for a shift and what to do if someone becomes sick on the job
- What is the Health and Sanitation Safety Awareness (HASSA) program
How Do I Become HASSA Certified?
HASSA certifications are given out on a course by course basis and certify that a party has successfully completed Health and Sanitation Safety Awareness training. The certification will consist of a course completion certificate marked with the renewal date and HASSA logo.
Businesses wishing to become HASSA accredited will be required to apply with proof that at least 70% of the employees have received HASSA training. Once verified and the proper fee paid, businesses will receive a large sign for their store window that notifies the public of the accreditation and good-thru date. Additionally, the accreditation will include a listing on HASSA.org an accredited merchant. The accreditation will need to be renewed annually.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.