About this Course
Our HACCP training course teaches you about the characteristics and application of a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Plan. Additionally, the course complies with the FDA Code and the USDA requirements for school district HACCP Plan Implementation.
You’ll learn how to apply science and technology to plan, control, and document safe food processes at your facility. At a high level, the course covers:
- Principles and concepts behind a HACCP Plan
- How to identify biological, chemical, and physical hazards
- Facility cleaning and food processes, as well as personnel hygiene
- How HACCP is applied to Active Managerial Control (AMC)
To earn your HACCP training certificate of completion, you must complete the lessons, pass the quizzes, and earn at least 75% on the final exam.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Check with your employer/state
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: The Food Safety Problem
- Lesson 2: The HACCP Approach to Food Safety
- Lesson 3: The Food Safety Management Plan
- Lesson 4: Physical Hazards in Food
- Lesson 5: Chemical Hazards in Food: Part 1
- Lesson 6: Chemical Hazards in Food: Part 2
- Lesson 7: Biological Hazards: Part 1
- Lesson 8: Biological Hazards: Part 2
- Lesson 9: Biological Hazards: Part 3
- Lesson 10: Biological Hazards: Part 4
- Lesson 11: Personal Hygiene and Control
- Lesson 12: Cleaning and Maintenance
- Lesson 13: Supplies
- Lesson 14: Menu HACCP
- Lesson 15: Recipe Engineering
- Lesson 16: Putting It All Together - The Manual
What You’ll Learn
- Identify the biological, chemical, and physical hazards in the food offered to consumers/in a food system.
- Determine which hazards are significant risks.
- Determine, write, and validate adequate controls for those hazards.
- Write a Food Safety Management Plan that provides an Appropriate Level of Protection for customers.
- Train and supervise employees to perform controls that strive for zero customer illness or injury during the life of the business.
What is HACCP?
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. It establishes a system of procedures to safeguard food from microbial and toxic contamination. In other words, HACCP food safety ensures the cleanliness, safety, and quality of food handled and served in restaurants and other food establishments.
The HACCP approach to food safety rests on seven principles that must be followed for the system to work:
- Conduct hazard analysis
- Identify critical control points
- Establish critical limits for each critical control point
- Establish critical control point monitoring requirements
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedures for ensuring the HACCP system is working as intended
- Establish record keeping procedures
What are your subject matter expert’s qualifications?
Dr. Snyder has worked as a food safety educator, researcher, and consultant in the Army, at the University of Minnesota, and as a consultant for over 50 years. His goal is to help operators improve the quality and safety of their operations through better understanding of the processes while simplifying food preparation procedures and reducing cost.
As an Army officer, Dr. Snyder commanded Quartermaster field units and developed radiation-sterilized food and microwave systems. While Associate Professor at the University of Minnesota, he began Minnesota's food management HACCP self-control program. Currently, he helps foodservice operators to implement HACCP safety self-control programs while working to standardize retail HACCP. He has lectured in the U.S., Mid-East, Australia, and Europe; has published widely on retail food safety topics such as safe hand washing; and has been an expert witness in foodborne illness and food safety lawsuits.
When does my course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
How quickly will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What can I do if I lose my certificate of completion?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
Need Training for Your Team?
We offer discounts for employers looking to purchase 10 or more courses.
Call 877-881-2235 for more information.
Call toll free(877) 881-2235
- Access in-depth course completion reporting.
- Deliver training through our LMS or yours.
- Enroll employees in courses they need.
- Get help from a dedicated support team.
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk.
- Achieve companywide compliance goals.