About this Course
This course offers a comprehensive guide to understanding and adhering to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). The course structure is designed to facilitate a clear and thorough understanding of the key aspects of the FCPA.
1. Introduction to Bribery and the FCPA
- Definition of bribery according to the FCPA.
- The significance of transparent accounting practices.
2. Identifying Government Officials under the FCPA
- Learn the FCPA's criteria for classifying someone as a government official.
- Explore the complexities and nuances in identifying government officials.
3. Compliance, Due Diligence, and Oversight
- Understanding the principles of compliance with the FCPA.
- The role and importance of due diligence and oversight in FCPA compliance.
4. Books and Records & Internal Control Provisions
- Introduction to the Books and Records and Internal Control Provisions of the FCPA.
- Recommended practices for internal accounting controls.
- The critical role of accounting policies in FCPA compliance.
5. Facilitating Payments and Exceptions
- Discussing the concept of 'grease money' and its place in the FCPA.
- Delineating routine governmental actions and their coverage.
- Understanding what is excluded from these actions under the FCPA.
This course is designed to equip participants with a thorough understanding of the FCPA, emphasizing the importance of compliance in international business transactions and the nuances of the Act's provisions. Whether you are new to the FCPA or looking to deepen your existing knowledge, this course offers valuable insights into effective compliance strategies.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of HR, Ethics and Compliance courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records