About this Course
What is HAZWOPER 24-Hour Training?
Depending on your job, you might encounter hazardous waste and materials that can be harmful if you don't handle them correctly. In fact, many common products and solutions are considered hazardous, including paint, solvents, asbestos, and pesticides.
Our 24-Hour HAZWOPER course will teach you how to protect yourself and stay safe, even if you have limited exposure to these types of hazardous substances. Additionally, the course gives you a thorough understanding of OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3).
Who Should Take HAZWOPER 24-Hour Training?
You should take a HAZWOPER 24-Hour course if you work with or near hazardous materials under permissible exposure limits (PELs).
If you work with hazardous materials that are at or above permissible exposure limits, you should take our 40-Hour HAZWOPER course.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Who Should Take the Training?
Anyone who works with or near hazardous materials under PELs
Courses Available 24/7
29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3)
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Labels and SDS
- Regulation Overview
- Site Characterization
- Hazard Recognition
- Hazardous Chemical Awareness
- Radiological Hazards
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Site Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Air Monitoring
- Confined Spaces
- Emergency Procedures
Who Needs 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training?
The 24-hour course is the initial training for workers who are covered by HAZWOPER standards but will have minimal contact with hazardous materials. Workers need the 24-hour initial training if they'll:
- Come into contact with hazardous materials occasionally but not be directly be involved in the cleanup
- Work at contaminated sites with exposure below Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs)
- Carry out remediation at fully characterized sites where they’ll need respirators and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for less than 30 days a year
- Supervise employees who do any of the above, but not employees that need the 40-Hour course
Do I Still Need On-Site Training?
Yes, but OSHA is very clear that initial HAZWOPER training can’t be handled entirely online.
Your employer has to supplement this course with:
- Supervised Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) practice with the respirators and full protective gear.
- Site-specific training to familiarize you with the protocols specific to your duties and employer.
- One (1) full day of directly supervised fieldwork. The lessons above MUST be separate from this day.
Does This Course Cover the New GHS Communication Standards?
Yes. At the beginning of the course, there is a section devoted to the 2013 the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) changes to align with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of chemicals (GHS), which is the universal approach to classifying chemicals and communication of hazard information through labels on chemicals and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Need Training for Your Team?
We offer discounts for employers looking to purchase 10 or more courses.
Call 877-881-2235 for more information.
Call toll free(877) 881-2235
- Access in-depth course completion reporting.
- Deliver training through our LMS or yours.
- Enroll employees in courses they need.
- Get help from a dedicated support team.
- Save on costs when you buy in bulk.
- Achieve companywide compliance goals.