About this Course
This course delivers an introduction to HIPAA compliance for administrators and office managers of Business Associate entities. The Business Associate category includes answering services, medical billing, medical transcription, software/IT companies, marketing agencies, cleaning services, medical device manufactures, legal services, consultants, and similar healthcare-adjacent services.
If you're an office manager or admin involved in the use or disclosure of protected health information on behalf of a covered entity, this course is for you.
We'll summarize what you need to know to comply with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), including the HIPAA Privacy Rule, the HIPAA Security Rule, and the Enforcement Rule that applies to HIPAA violations.
You'll also discover how the 2021/2022 updates for the ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule changed the game.
We'll provide a certificate of completion for your records, and you'll earn 0.2 IACET-approved CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Target Audience and Conflicts of Interest
- Healthcare Regulations in the U.S.
- Healthcare Regulations in the U.S. Review of Terms
- HHS Regulations: HIPAA
- HHS Regulations: HIPAA Final Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Who Must Know and Abide by These Rules?
- Business Associate: Definition
- Business Associates: Services
- Business Associates: Examples
- Business Associates: HIPAA Compliance
- Business Associates Agreement
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: BA Safeguards
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: Protected Health Information
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: PHI Breach Notification
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: Patient Requests for PHI
- ONC Cures Act Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- CMS Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- HIPAA Privacy Rule: Marketing
- HIPAA Security Rule
- HIPAA Security Rule: Safeguards
- HIPAA Security Rule: Security Policy
- HHS Enforcement and Penalties for Breach
- HHS Enforcement and Penalties for Breach: Examples
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Opioid Crisis
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Cloud Computing
- Pearls to Help You Ensure HIPAA Compliance
What You'll Learn
- What HIPAA legislation is for
- The types of positions that fall under the Business Associates category
- How to comply with changes to HIPAA implemented by the Omnibus Final Rule
- How to implement the rules to ensure HIPAA compliance as a Business Associate
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records