About this Course
This course provides an introduction to HIPAA compliance for Healthcare Industry Representatives (HCIRs). It's tailored for the needs of sales and service reps, including medical device sales and service professionals, medical equipment sales and service professionals, and pharma sales professionals.
Though Healthcare Industry Representatives have varying levels of access to Protected Health Information, it is extremely important that you understand how to provide for the privacy and security of this sensitive information.
We'll cover what you need to know about the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), including the HIPAA Privacy Rule, the HIPAA Security Rule, and the Enforcement Rule that applies to HIPAA violations.
You'll also learn about the 2021/2022 updates for the ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule.
You'll get an instant certificate of completion for your records, and we're authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs for this program.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- What is HIPAA?
- Who Must Abide by HIPAA Rules?
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Expanded Definition of Business Associates
- Business Associates Agreements
- How does this Apply to a Healthcare Industry Representative?
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Permitted Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Incidental Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Authorized Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Individual Rights Under the Privacy Rule
- ONC Cures Act Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- CMS Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- “Minimum Necessary” Principal
- Additional Means of Ensuring Privacy Rule Compliance
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Administrative Safeguards
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- HIPAA Breach Notification
- What if a Breach is Discovered?
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule Penalties
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Opioid Crisis
- Recent Updates to HIPAA – Cloud Computing
- Real Life Examples of HIPAA Breach and Violations
- HIPAA Implications for HCIRs
- Common Questions Regarding HIPAA as it Applies to HCIRs
- HCIRs Scenarios
What You'll Learn
- What HIPAA legislation is for
- How to comply with changes to HIPAA implemented by the Omnibus Final Rule
- Key elements of the Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rule
- The Breach Notification process
- How to apply these rules to your role as a Healthcare Industry Representative
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records