About this Course
This course is designed to introduce mental health care providers to HIPAA compliance.
We'll go over the essential information you need for compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), including the HIPAA Privacy Rule, the HIPAA Security Rule, and the Enforcement Rule that applies to HIPAA violations.
You'll also find out how the 2021/2022 updates for the ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule changed HIPAA compliance.
We'll provide a certificate of completion for your records, and you'll get 0.2 IACET-approved CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Health Care Regulations in the United States
- What is HIPAA?
- HITECH and Omnibus Rule
- What Does HIPAA Mean to You?
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- ONC Cures Act and CMS Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- The HIPAA Security Rule
- Breach Notification Rule
- Breach Notification Rule Compliance
- Ensure HIPAA Compliance
- Penalty Structure for HIPAA Violations
- HIPAA Review of Terms
- Recent Updates to HIPAA
What You'll Learn
- What HIPAA legislation is for
- How to comply with changes to HIPAA implemented by the Omnibus Final Rule
- Key elements of the Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rule
- Safeguards to protect individually identifiable protected information
- How to apply these rules to your daily work as a Mental Health Professional
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of HR, Ethics and Compliance courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records