About this Course
This course delivers a HIPAA refresher and update for anyone who falls under the Business Associate category. It's tailored for the needs of answering services, medical billing, medical transcription, software/IT companies, marketing agencies, cleaning services, medical device manufactures, legal services, consultants, and similar services.
We'll go back over the essential information you need for compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), then look at the changes brought by the 2021/2022 updates for the ONC 21st Cures Act Final Rule and the CMS Final Rule.
The Omnibus Final Rule had a big impact on Business Associates' HIPAA compliance liabilities. To avoid potential civil and criminal penalties, it's critical that Business Associates understand these changes.
If you've never taken our HIPAA for Business Associates course, you need to complete that course first. This is a refresher/update only.
You'll get a certificate of completion to print for your records, as well as 0.1 IACET CEUs.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- HIPAA: Why Do I Need a Refresher?
- Who Must Abide by HIPAA?
- Business Associates and the Final Rule
- Expanded Definition of Business Associate
- Business Associate Agreement
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Privacy Rule for Business Associate
- Permitted Use and Disclosure of PHI
- “Minimum Necessary” Principal
- Business Associate and Privacy Rule Scenario
- Individual Rights Under the Privacy Rule
- ONC Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- CMS Final Rule (*Includes 2021/2022 Update*)
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Safeguards in Daily Practice
- HIPAA Breach Notification Rule
- What if a Breach is Discovered?
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule – Penalties
- Liabilities for Violations
- Real Life Examples of HIPAA Violations by Business Associates
- Recent Updates to HIPAA
What You'll Learn
- Key elements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, Security Rule, Breach Notification Rule and Enforcement Rule
- How to maintain compliance with HIPAA in daily practice as Business Associate to a Covered Entity
- The changes to HIPAA implemented by the Omnibus Final Rule and how they impact a Business Associate's responsibility and liability.
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Healthcare courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records