About this Course
In Illinois, if you serve alcohol or check ID cards for alcohol service, you need a BASSET card. Our BASSET training course is approved by the state and teaches you everything you need to know to responsibly serve alcohol, such as:
- How to determine if someone’s had too much to drink
- Intervention techniques you can use to defuse situations
- Strategies for preventing customers from driving while intoxicated
- Your role in blocking minors from purchasing alcohol
- The Dram Shop Act and other Illinois-specific laws concerning serving alcohol
Plus, once you pass the final exam with at least 70%, we report your training to the state for you, so you can get your official BASSET card.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
100% online, available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Content is updated and current
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 8: State of Illinois Alcohol-Related Laws
What You’ll Learn
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller/server's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller/server's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Is Illinois BASSET training mandatory?
Yes. According to the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC), by July 1, 2018 anyone serving alcohol on-premises or checking ID cards must complete BASSET training.
Additionally, we recommend checking with your local municipality or employer to verify if either has stricter training requirements you must follow.
How long does it take to finish BASSET training?
Illinois state law requires you to spend a total of 4 hours in the on-premises BASSET training course. However, because our course is delivered online, you can take more time if you need it. Additionally, you can save your progress and break up the course over multiple days since you’ll have 24/7 access.
How do I get my official BASSET card?
Once you finish the course and pass your exam, you can immediately print your temporary certificate of completion. We will then notify the ILCC, and they will send you an official BASSET card.
What happens if I lose my BASSET card?
If you need a replacement card and you’ve completed our approved course, you can visit the BASSET Card Lookup and re-print your card. We cannot issue an official card, only the temporary certificate of completion, so if you’re not able to use the BASSET Card Lookup, please contact the ILCC directly.
How do I renew my BASSET card?
Your BASSET card is good for three years. Since there's no way to test out or take a shorter refresher training, you’ll need to repeat the course from an approved provider.
How do I check that your training is BASSET-approved?
You can confirm that Learn2Serve by 360training is an approved online BASSET training provider on the ILCC’s website.
When does my BASSET alcohol seller-sever course expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
What if I need a refund for my training?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
|Name:||State of Illinois Liquor Control Commission - BASSET Program|
|Address:||100 W. Randolph Ste. 7-801|
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Food & Beverage courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records