About this Course
What is Materials Handling in Construction Training?
This course covers OSHA's requirements for the safe handling and storage of materials in the construction industry.
You'll learn the major causes of injury that can occur during material handling and storage, as well as the methods for preventing those injuries. We'll also cover safety measures for operating mechanical handling devices, such as conveyors, cranes, slings, and powered industrial trucks.
We'll discuss other safety and health principles related to materials handling and storage, like ergonomics, fire safety precautions, proper training, and the maintenance of safe aisles and passageways.
Who should take Materials Handling in Construction?
All construction workers can benefit from this training. But if you're responsible for the general safety of your job site or the safe handling and storage of construction materials, this course is a must.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
Easy-to-use LMS for anyone
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Hazards and Methods of Prevention
- Body Movement
- Methods of Prevention
- Handles, Holders, and Protective Equipment
- Load Weight and Mechanical Moving Equipment
- Stored Materials
- Bound Material
- Height Limitations
- Stacking Lumber, Bricks, and Masonry Blocks
- Bags and Bundles
- Drums, Barrels, and Kegs
- Availability for the Material
- Materials Handling Equipment
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Ergonomics, Training, and Education
- Ergonomics Safety and Health Principles
- Fire Safety Precautions
- Aisles and Passageways
- Training and Education
- Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or email@example.com.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT:
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Buying for a Team or Group?
Interested in bulk discounts and flexible billing options on our expansive library of Environmental Health & Safety courses? Connect with our Corporate Sales Executives today!
Upgrade your LMS to Include Manager-Level Access
- Assign Courses
- Tracking Employee Progress
- Maintain and Organize Records